Monday, December 17, 2018

"Befreit"

At last, at last! The sun has cast
His final rays beneath the sea!
The night wind glides upon the waves
And teases you and me.

The only sound is of the sea;
At night my eyes are of no use;
Yet I can feel your lips on mine,
Trying to pry them loose.

I feel the warmth of skin on skin,
I savor all the labored breath
That shelters me from pitch-dark night
And from the sea of death;

I feel you tugging on my hair,
I crave your wet lips on my cheek,
I beg without a word to say,
My arms and legs grow weak;

We're free at last from daylight's glare
Which so long beat us black and blue,
We're free, with nothing left to mourn
And no days left to rue.

Two souls, two manly bodies, linked
And formless on a formless beach;
I swear I can hear Sirens, singing
And laughing each to each...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home