Monday, November 25, 2019

Moving On From Twitter

As of this past Saturday, I no longer have a Twitter account. I have no idea how it disappeared. I was not notified of it. I had deactivated it the preceding Sunday so as to take a break from social media. Now, it would seem, that break is permanent. And I think I'm better off for it. 

I had created my Twitter back in the summer of 2017, and I mainly used it to follow people I watched on YouTube. Over time, though, I got sucked into the social media black hole that I made mention of in a previous post: the constant reach for more attention and likes and followers, the persistent question of which edgy meme could out-edge its competitors, etc. It all got to be too much. I had taken week-long breaks from Twitter before, but now I feel much freer, with no more obligation to go back to that unnecessary, stress-inducing, mind-numbing rat race.

I feel more at ease now. I feel as though I can get a better grip on my schoolwork and other projects without Jack Dorsey's pernicious little bird getting in my way. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home