Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Poem: "What Lips..."

What lips you've kissed, I cannot tell,
Nor do I want to know at all
Whether those lips have cast a spell
That lays limp like a funeral pall

On other mouths, in other ears,
Pressing a selfish, vague desire
Into the minds of all your peers,
Lighting in them erotic fire;

Don't tell me who came by last week
To innocently share some tea
And leave with kisses on his cheek
That passersby could clearly see;

Don't tell me who you met at lunch,
Who took you out for dinner after,
Then let you stay with him for brunch,
Then brought you home all drunk with laughter;

Don't tell me of the lips you've kissed,
The chests you've fondled on the train,
The hands you've dried off in the mist,
The arms you've left out in the rain...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home