Monday, December 2, 2019

Post-Thanksgiving Update

Thanksgiving has come and gone yet again. Mine was spent at my grandmother's house, and it was just the two of us. Very comfortable and cozy; I spent the day itself eating turkey and watching Looney Tunes (AKA, the perfect way to spend a cold November day.)

As of now, I'm back at college, but not for very long. Right now we're in "dead week", the week before final exams when clubs and extracurriculars generally don't meet so that students can study and whatnot. Tabletop club, of which I am a proud member, shall be meeting, though. We have to wrap up the first part of our massive homebrew Pathfinder campaign before Christmas break sets in following the Friday of finals week--the 13th, as Lady Luck would have it. ;-) I think that I have finally gotten my grades up enough to get out of academic probation. My grandmother is so proud of me, and I am proud of myself, too. I can't get too prideful, however, lest I lose track in the coming week and a half. I need to focus on my finals, pull all the way through, and git gud, as the internet likes to say.

In other news, my dad has ordered me a new laptop for Christmas. My old one finally gave up the ghost (or its screen did) and for the last month or so I've been writing papers and blogging on school computers (thankfully, they're free to use and open 24/7.) I am awaiting with baited breath my new Acer Aspire 1. It's a budget laptop, to be sure, but at least it's no Chromebook; Chromebooks are absolutely wretched, if my six years' experience with one is anything to go by. I may make a post about my new laptop when it arrives, but I also want to spend Christmas with my family and with lots of books. I want to spend less time online and more time at the library. I remembered the library in my hometown does D&D campaigns every Saturday morning, so I may start with that (or introduce people to the game of Toon, a fun little RPG that's like a much simpler version of D&D crossed with Looney Tunes!)

In short, I'm looking forward to Christmas break and to passing my classes with As and Bs for once! Things are looking up, up, up! I may not be out of the race after all, and I may exceed my own expectations. I just need to keep a clear head and do my duty. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home